Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Process of "Imperfect Progress"

I began to read chapter one about a week ago. I knew right away that Lisa and I had to be soul sisters. Proverbs 31 Ministries is very dear to my heart and to see that not only am I not alone, but someone I have listened to for years and admire has had these same shameful reactions that I have had for years. Immediately I felt a sense of real hope and could see that change is possible. I grew up in church, I was even in the Ministry for a few years, so I know ALL things are possible with God. However, that realization has never been enough to move me. Don't get me wrong, I have tried and failed at controlling my emotions for most of my life. I finally just accepted that this is who I am. Although I knew God was able to change me, I became complacent in being "free" to be me!! Somehow just seeing that someone, a real woman of God has been able to overcome; well it made me wake up and see that I CAN TOO!!! That was enough to start the process. Now a few days later I really am making Imperfect Progress. The people in my life are starting to notice a difference, my child has less anxiety, I sleep better, my husand wants to be around me, and my self confidence is getting better. I recently decided to homeschool our son, but my husband was against it for no other reason than his fear of how I react to stress and fly off the handle. I cannot say I have not messed up, but I believe that God is empowering me daily to be able to do this. We have had great success so far and I look forward to teaching my son everyday. This book is bringing blessings like this in my life that would have never happened had I not discovered it. Thank you Jesus for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment